Zesty Fiesta Beef Pot Pie
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 recipe deep dish double crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 2/3 cup Martha White® Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup mild or medium chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (1 oz.) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 (8 oz.) package shredded Mexican cheese blend (2 cups), divided
- PREPARE pie pastry according to recipe directions except reduce flour to 2 cups and add 2/3 cup yellow cornbread mix. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in salsa, water, taco seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a simmer. Stir in black beans, corn and cilantro. Remove from heat.
- ROLL larger ball of dough between 2 sheets of wax paper into a 13-inch circle. Remove top sheet of wax paper. Invert into 9 1/2-inch deep dish glass pie plate for the bottom crust. Remove remaining wax paper. Roll out remaining dough between 2 sheets wax paper into an 11-inch circle. Spoon half of beef mixture into crust. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat beef and cheese layers. Remove top sheet of wax paper from remaining dough. Invert on top of filled pie. Remove remaining wax paper. Trim, seal and flute edges as desired. Cut several 1/2-inch slits in top crust to vent steam. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 580 (Calories from Fat 300), Total Fat 33g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 1150mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 3g), Protein 24g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 25%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.