Zesty Tomato Herb Monkey Bread
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water (120° to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (3 oz.) package sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in water, butter, egg, garlic and cayenne pepper until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Add tomatoes, onion and parsley. Knead on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Microwave olive oil and red pepper flakes in shallow bowl on MEDIUM 2 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Strain oil to remove seeds. Divide dough into 24 pieces. Shape into balls. Coat lightly with oil and place in prepared dish. Cover and let rise in warm place 20 to 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Brush tops with remaining oil. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.